Friday, April 6, 2012

IN LOVE

Um, I die. This litle girl is so cute it melts my heart. Not like it takes a lot to melt my heart, I'm totally the girl who cried at the picture of the dog sleeping by a soldier's casket and it doesn't even take me a full Hallmark commercial before the tears start flowing. I'm a sap, what can I say?

I know you guys have met my little Brendy before, I introduced her a LONG time ago. Like, a year.

I first learned about Compassion International when I was at a Michael W Smith/Amy Grant (Yes it was a Christian concert but she sang Baby, Baby) concert. They both sponsor children through this organization. While Christian orgs are not the only ones I support, I do try and do right by the Snoop GOD and honor him through my charity work. Soapbox-out. Anyway, Compassion is a Christian organization that center their focus on the compassion of Jesus in order to best help others. I wasn't super sold on this idea because all I kept picturing was Sally Struthers trying to get me to donate pennies a day to keep these kids alive but I knew she was eating my pennies. After doing my due diligance, I decided to go for it. For the low, low price of $30 a month, you help your sponsor child and their families survive. Literally, your money keeps most of these family alive. It gives them food to eat and water to drink. It clothes and shelters them. Some kids are orphans, Brenda is lucky, she's not. She has a whole family to love her, other kids are not as fortunate.

This is just the most recent letter I received from Brenda, we sent her money for Christmas and the dress below was picked out by her. She also picked out new shoes, purchased an amazing amount of rice, flour, and beans for her family. And she bought sweets to share with her classmates. This letter was extra special to me because she took a crack at our name. It's a tough one I have trouble with sometimes. I think she's a genius.

Anyway, if honoring Christ is as easy as loving this sweet little girl who is half way around the world, count me in.


No comments:

Post a Comment