Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Day I Met Dustin-A Poem

Please don't be confused about Dustin
He's not my husband
He's a dear friend from my college days
And I thought a shout out to him would be, OK

I used to see him walk to class
Always on the sidewalk, never the grass
He often wore black, but sometimes flannel and plaid
A little WWF backpack is what he had

Before I knew him, I'd smile in passing
Little did I know, our friendship would be long lasting

I was looking at expanding my horizons,
So a new job I was a findin' (Not sure the end rhyme works here...)
I love our campus radio station, KMSU
So without hesitating, I knew what to do

The first time I opened the door,
What do I find?
But my new BFF, Dustin
A big desk he was behind

He had me fill out an application
But I knew it was superfluous
Because we'd just become best friends
He & I, Us.

We spent lunches at taco buffets at the strip club
Don't judge me, it's not as dirty as it sounds
And afternoons in the studio,
Working and horsing around

Sometimes it'd be with Gretel
Other times Royce or Clint
But no matter what
It was my friend Dust, he's mint

He didn't have a car
So I'd often give him a ride
But the favor was often returned
When I was too drunk to drive

He likes professional wrestling
Probably a little too much
But that's what makes him so special
His collection of stuff is pretty clutch

One of my prized possessions
Is a strawberry shortcake birthday card
It’s from Dustin with regards

So this is my poem for my old friend
He asked and I delivered
I hope it doesn't offend!

No comments:

Post a Comment