Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wonder if I’m a Fighter, or a Flighter? #Run

I went for a run from new house last night and passed an idling Sheriff’s Crime Scene SUV. I figured since it was idling, they probably lived there. Made me feel safe. WRONG. There have been a string of burglaries in new n’hood and they’ve hit about a house every other week for 4 months. I mean, seriously cops? It’s not like the burglaries have been spread out around the state, it’s literally a 10 block area they have hit 8 times.
So, here’s the super creepy thing. I ran last night, in the dark, past the scene of the crime. Were they lurking somewhere? Had they already driven off? Did they see me? Did I see them?!
I don’t like burglars, that’s probably just a fact but I would say my dislike borders on severe hatred for a burglar who f’s up my running route.
I have my lil’ pink mace and I’ll probably run with a key between my knuckles but I hate not feeling safe in my neighborhood. I think that is what bothers me most. These burglar’s have no respect for anyone. Take my stuff, it’s all material, I don’t need it but leave me peace of mind. Husby travels a lot, the last thing I need is to worry more when he is gone.
I guess I’ll find out if I’m a fighter or a flighter if, or when, the opportunity presents itself. Until then, RUN SAFE!

PS, Happy 5 mo birthday to the worlds cutest niece and nephew!


No comments:

Post a Comment