Tuesday, February 21, 2012

AMAZING. Run.


Lake of the Isles.




Bren's bldg.



















AAAUGH, SNOW! 2nd Run w/Fern.
 I was set up to run a double yesterday. I hadn’t done that since college and was SO excited. I was meeting up with a buddy from high school and we were going to do a fiver then a neighbor and I were taking the dogs for a quick two.

I arrived at Brenna’s home and we took off, it was so much fun because we jumped on one of our main trails here in the twin cities, the Greenway (It’s this AMAZING bike/run/walk path that runs through South Minneapolis) and were able to take it all the way to Lake of the Isles where we then jumped over to Calhoun. It’s one of my favorite runs because it’s also part of the Twin Cities Marathon route. Which also happens to be my very favorite marathon ever, and not just because it was my first and I’ve had a PR there. It’s because the people, race, and route are AMAZING.

Another super amazing thing about the twin cities (and why I think MN has some of the best running that running has to offer) is our lakes. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we are Minnesota, we have lakes but did you know we have a chain of lakes right in the heart of the cities?! A couple lakes I go around ALL the time are Harriet, Calhoun, Lake of the Isles, and Nokomis. Nice paved, lighted paths with a ton of people, you can see the downtown skyline, beautiful homes, dogs, friends, you name it and you will see it on this path. We finished up 5.63 miles with 8:45 average. Bren is taking it easy because she is skiing the Birkebeiner this weekend in Hayward, WI. GO BREN! I hopped in the car only to receive a text that neighbor can’t go. Boo. But would you like to know who can ALWAYS go?! Fernando! My fearless running buddy. And by fearless I mean, we only went .43 miles because it was snowing, hard, sideways.

I still got my two runs in and know I could have gone more and faster but it was fun. If anyone ever wants to hit me up for a run, I’m seriously always game.

Quick little rant… Tonight I’d love to spin then do a hot yoga class. HOWEVER, the only gym this will work at is the Saint Louis Park branch. HOWEVER, HOWEVER, the class is taught by the best, EJ. Which means…. They hand out wristbands at 5:30 for a 6 o’clock class and you have to be in line by 5:15 to get a 5:30 wristband. So is it worth it to get to the gym 45 minutes early? I guess I could run a couple miles first… I did let the dog out at noon…. I guess that also answers the question, who let the dogs out.

I think it would take me a really long time to write a book because I have no focus… Shaw, do I have ADD?


.

1 comment:

  1. Theo Wirth park....SUPER DIG. Every time I am up there I always hit that park. Best single track in an urban environment in the mid-west (Duluth would also be sweet, but that is another story). 2 aday's KICK SASS!

    ReplyDelete