Sunday, February 19, 2012

That's Hot. Yoga.

 I'm in love, I tried hot yoga for the first time tonight and it was amazing. I was nervous at first because I've only done yoga maybe 3 times before. I got to class and walked into the studio, it was hot but not unbearable. I didn't think it'd be too tough. Wrong. It was amazing. I felt like I'd had a really long week and a lot emotionally going on to think through and process and this helped. I have cried a bunch in the past couple of days and just couldn't cry anymore. For an hour I did yoga at 99 degrees and I sweat more than anything I've ever done. With each breath I sent a part of what was on my mind, out. Each breath in was part of newness taking up space in my body, not leaving room for anything else. I needed yoga tonight not just for another workout, I needed to center myself and bring me back to me. Yoga is a different kind of me time than running, it's quiet, and I focus on every move my body makes, it isn't just a natural thing that I do, it takes focus.

It's my new favorite thing, I have it on the calendar for every Sunday at 7, it's a great way to get rid of whatever happened the previous week and gets you started for the next.

3 comments:

  1. 99 isn't hot. Get the teacher to set it to 105 whre it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not comment on hot yoga...but I do hope you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved 105! Is it safe to do hot yoga in my sauna? @Rabbit, thanks buddy. Honestly, it helped to refocus on what's important. :) TRY HOT YOGA. Unless you hate being hot. It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete