Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hi, my name is Fernando

Ok, Fernando is pretty much THE CAUTEST PUPPETH on the planet. Am I partial? Probably. I mean, I do see friends post equally cute photos on their facebook so I know other cute dogs are out there. I just happen to like mine the best. Fern was adopted by Husby and his ex, Lindsifer (get it, Lucifer? Except I really have no reason to despise her especially since I think it was her idea to get little buddy so I should actually really like her. Anyone care to analyze?) Anyhoo... Fern's original name was Harley. What most of you don't know is that while Husby will make huge, very strategic, investments in business, he is not a daredevil at all and refuses to ride a motorcycle. Which surprises me because he was part of a moped gang in college... Anyhoo x2....  Now, if I were going to name a dog Fernando, I would spell it Furnando. He's a dog, he has fur, this is clever. But they didn't, so we have Fernando. People always ask why that is his name and I tell them he was a rescue dog, which is the truth, I'm just omitting the part about where his name was Harley... I guess, ABBA anyone?

So, Lindsifer ended up with the dog and took him to Wisconsin where she realized it's tough to be a single mom so we got Fernie back! I never had a dog growing up (completely don't blame my parents, they are a TON of work. Did anyone see my FB status about can't wait to have kids to pick up puppy poopy? Yeah, a ton of work) so I was super excited to have a dog finally! Anyway, since getting Fern just about a year and a half ago, I’ve had so much fun with little buddy and he has sure been a great companion while Matt travels. Well, minus getting up in the middle of the night because he wants a treat. Both my Dad & D-I-L call him Ferd because Fern is a girls name, whatever you call him, call him cute!

#1. Look how cute this guy is! I swear I did not put his sheepy baby next to him, he brought his baby with him to snooze.

 



 #2. He is my #1 favorite running buddy!  I don't have one other running friend who is always so excited to go for run no matter the time of day, weather, what they have eaten. LOVE my running buddy!

 
 







#3. He is such a good cuddler! I love that he is like my own little space heater and cuddles under the covers with me!

#4. Um, how many other dogs let you dress them up? Obviously the doggy halloween costumes were too funny and I had to get two, a banana split and a hot dog. And then, to make Husby smile, sent him a pic of Fern fern wearing his Zubaz.




#5 He is kind of a little creep but I think it's cute when he just checks in to see what we're doing


Hey Creepy, he's peeking over the couch while I'm on the elliptical.





#6. I mean, what dog sits like this? A genius dog, that's who.


And finally, #7. I brought him, and picked him up from, getting his balls chopped and he still loves me.

XOXO,

Fern's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment