Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dear running, it’s not you, it’s me

I just, well…this is going to be hard to say, especially since I care about you so much. I need some time. Honestly, it’s not you; it’s nothing you’ve done. Actually, you’ve been amazing lately. Things have been going really fast but I feel great. Even though the distance we’ve gone together has increased, the time has diminished. There aren’t any races on the horizon so I don’t feel any pressure from you to commit, we’re just having fun! OK, well, I may as well just tell you so, here goes.
I’m seeing someone else.
It’s not serious at all, I promise. But, it is something that is pretty exciting. It, literally, takes me to new heights and as fast as you and I go together, we go faster. It’s expensive though, that’s one nice thing about you, running, you’re cheap. All I need are my running shoes and I’m out the door but this new thing, it’s expensive, from all the equipment I need to each date. Each date is expensive. I know this won’t last, it can’t. I could never keep up with this lifestyle; my knees could never keep up with this lifestyle. I can’t believe I’m doing this, it’s Skiing. I’ve taken up with downhill skiing. Don't worry, I've been practicing safe skiing.
It’s only a couple of days; I really need this to find myself. To make sure you’re the one I want to be with. In my defense, we never said we’d be exclusive. I know! I’m sad too but I’ll be back Sunday, Monday at the latest. I will be mourning and listening to Adele the entire way to Colorado. I can’t promise I won’t have fun. I can promise I’ll take a ton of pictures to show you; maybe you guys can be friends? Well, a girl can dream.
I guess I’ll text ya when I get back….

No comments:

Post a Comment