Sunday, April 3, 2011

A couple things about running today

1.       Not eating all day and then eating a cheese quesadilla, taco chips, and salsa, 10 minutes before you run is not a good idea. I spent the entire 2 hours trying to decide if I was going to get sick or not. I did. Just a little. It tasted like tacos and mandarin orange GU. Doesn’t sound appetizing? It wasn’t and makes me a little sick thinking about it….
2.       To the couple I startled, I’m sorry. The “coming up on your left” is less about me setting a new land speed record and more about you being aware that I’m coming up behind you and don’t want to startle you into swearing at me. I’m a 130 female who runs about 7mph. I think the creepy, unusually large; squirrels staring at you with their beady eyes are more of a threat.
3.       I almost got attacked by an English bulldog today. Well, technically I could have, he was running around the same neighborhood as me with no owner in sight. All of a sudden he saw me and took off full speed ahead toward me and when he got to me he knocked me down. And licked. He was the cutest thing ever! And he was so out of breath from running 20 feet. I want one.
4.       iPod, oh iPod, how did I ever live without you?! Just when I couldn’t decide whether or not to get sick ABBA came on. You know what ABBA? I will give you more!
5.       To the lady in the SUV who, it would appear, swerved to splash me with a puddle, nah nah nah nah nah nah, missed me, missed me.
6.       To the old man in the blue blockers who didn’t see me resulting in my nearly diving from the road to save my life, please, for the love of God. Please quit driving.
7.       And lastly, to the cop I saw checking facebook, there is an old man and a lady in a SUV who both deserve tickets. Pay attention!
Here’s another one for the books I suppose. Run hard and prosper.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment