Friday, April 8, 2011

A thing I love.

 As a Minnesota sports fan I often have my heart broken. It's like a tumultuous relationship that everyone tells you to get out of but you just can't because deep down, you're in love even though you know it might not be the best thing for you.

 Anyway, our basketball team (if you can even call it that) is awful. I think they've lost 56 out of their last 78 games and currently hold the worst record in the NBA.

The Vikes, when I don't bleed red, white, and blue I bleed purple and gold (I went to college at Minnesota State, Mankato who also sport the colors purple and gold. Go Mavs!). I love football and besides running it could possibly be my favorite sport to watch. Probably because it's one game a week for 3 hours, I don't have to watch 140 games a season. But, come on, Hookers and blow on a boat? Drunk driving arrests, drug arrests, calling the NFL modern day slavery, all topped off by the Media Circus that is Brett Favre? It takes a lot of patience to love them. I know there are good guys on the team, there has to be. Too bad we never hear about them.

All of this leads to a thing I love... THE MINNESOTA TWINS! These guys usually have a winning record, they're very accessible, games are fun, they seem like really good guys and, I'd be lying if I didn't say I love the fancy season seats we have. (Thanks Dad in law!) I mean, Joe Mauer, what a good, wholesome person. Not caught doing drugs, have an affair and the best part? He's a Minnesota Kid. I love Cuddy, Kubes, Morneau (when he's healthy...), Nard Dog, Casilla, Danny, Thome, Delmon, and Pavano. This could be the year we make it to the Big Show. The reason I decided to share today is that it is Twins home opener, AKA, my favorite day of the year.








Me and TC, our mascot, we're pretty much BFF.



Outdoor baseball? Don't mind if I do!



BP's and us in The Dome at a playoff game circa 2009 (we obviously won)

OH TK!


NARD DOG!

Opening day in the new stadium against the Red Sox.


Our awesome seats.


Twins earrings!


Opening Day outfit, 2011! YEA!

My favorite sports photographer, Wayne Kryduba.


Gross Yankees.


Thome is my homey!


Jakey and Lili!


Kubes right before he hit the first homer in the new stadium. And my on/off again favorite.

Celebrity sighting! Larry Fitzgerald (who also happens to be a huge jerk. I tried to get a photo with him after the game because he's a MN boy and I sat by his dad on the plane down to AZ one time and since SR and I are bff I thought he wouldn't mind taking a photo. Nope, he's a dik )

Let's Go Twinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment