Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Some like it hot!







I just can’t get enough I love anything spicy. I’m actually waiting on a bottle of super spicy, hot sauce from my #1 facebook friend but I haven’t received it yet. (Yeah, you know who you are…)…. Anyhoo, I put salsa/tobasco/pepper on anything and everything. Yesterday for lunch I had cucumbers with salsa, carrots dipped in hummus with tobasco sauce and a spicy V8. I just can’t get enough. Why don’t they make vegetable flavored yogurt? (I just submitted that to Dannon so they can get a leg up on disgusting Barfbani Greek yogurt.)  You could probably pickle anything and I’d eat it. NOM. If you guys have any suggestions of new things I HAVE to try, please tell me. Perhaps it’s because of my spicy personality that I like spicy foods?

Kinda funny story? (Probably not out loud but I’ll tell you anyway)In college I had some Mexican friends who invited me over for dinner. Boom, this was awesome. (PS, authentic Mexican food is nothing like MexTex like Taco Johns, it’s like, a million times better. My FAV meal is Chiles Relleno) Anyway, there was a dish of red “salsa” setting on the table next to some homemade tortilla chips and another dish of salsa. So I grab a delicious, warm fresh homemade tortilla chip and dip it into the red “salsa” and as I put it up to my mouth, everyone started shouting not to but the momentum carried the chip into my mouth and I chewed. All of a sudden it felt like I couldn’t breathe and my throat was on fire. The “salsa” I had eaten was this special Mexican hot sauce that even people who have eaten it for years, only eat a teaspoon of and I had loaded up a chip with it. I was sweating, my mouth, throat, and stomach were on fire and I was crying. There wasn’t enough milk in the world to make me feel better. I was like this for about an hour before I finally calmed down.

Nothing can satiate this hunger for hot and/or pickled delicacies. Everything photographed here is currently in my possession and being eaten at this time.

XOXO,

SPICY





I didn't realize it at the time but no, I do not have a giant pickle growing out of my head.
Lucky because I'd eat it.


2 comments:

  1. Well I can't just mail it to your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with spicy things. I seriously thought I was the only one who used sriracha... I also have Mrs Renfro's green salsa in my refrigerator. My Hubbs is a fan of spicy things.

    You've been tagged for a stylish blog award at http://running-vegetarian.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete