Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fire Hydrant Run

Just got done with an awesome run. I went 7.24 in 1:02 for an average of 8:33 per mile. This has easily become one of my favorite routes and I've done it three times this week. This 7 mile loop seems so much easier than some of my shorter loops and I don't know why. It goes in and out of several different n'hoods so I get to switch of scenery, I'm running a mile around the park so I get some nature, it's pretty flat but some fun hills to charge up but best of all, it just feels comfortable. Since today was the third time I've done it in a week, I needed just a little pick me up. So I came up with a new game for myself. It's called the fire hydrant run. Any time I started slowing down, I looked ahead to where the next hydrant was and would make myself pick it up until I hit that marker. Obviously this game is probably only good in the city but I would do something similar when I lived in the country. I'd pick a road sign and make myself push it until I hit whichever landmark I had picked out. This is just a fun game to play if you need an extra boost in your WO, which I know all of us need from time to time!

Also, I was thinking about this the other day, what if I had to choose which website to use if I could only have one the rest of my life. It was between facebook and MapMyRun. I decided it would be my running site. I love it, it's the best for plotting different routes in any neighborhood, anywhere in the world! Literally, I've plotted routes in Rome, Switzerland, Paris, Israel, NY, San Fran... the list goes on and on. I just love this site, you can track your workouts, your diet, how you feel, and connect with other runners. The best part is they've made it so you can map anything you'd like from running to biking and let people know if it's good for exercise, commute, etc. Seriously, check out this site, I can't say enough good things about it.

One more fun tip from me... Husby had chips and salsa with lunch but I didn't want chips right after a run so I sliced up a cucumber and ate that with salsa. NOM! I love being able to substitute something healthy like that for a delicious treat.

Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weekend as much as I am (running, golf, baseball, and husby is home!)!

XOXO,

rnrgrl (This would be my license plate if I ever got a personalized license plate, just sayin)


No comments:

Post a Comment