Monday, April 4, 2011

I'll show you Cajun!

Ok, this is weird but does anyone have a Cajun seasoning they like?  I had my mom over for dinner this weekend and made Creamy Cajun Shrimp Linguine. In theory I’m sure it was awesome. Unfortunately I must have purchased the WORST cajun seasoning they make. Plus I made a double batch since Husby is out of town and it’d be easy for me to warm it up when I was hungry. What this means is that I wasted twice as much product. The seasoning I purchased contained cloves. Now, cloves are good in say, Molasses Sugar Cookies unfortunately, when I was trying to eat Cajun shrimp in a cream sauce, I didn’t want to taste cloves. I would go so far as to say this wasn’t Cajun seasoning at all! A mere teaspoon ruined my entire meal. BOO. I've been to San Francisco, I know what cajun tastes like.
Oh yes, I should explain the whole “cooking” thing since I’m sure some of you are questioning my abilities, I don’t blame you. My main staple in college was minute rice with hunts canned tomato sauce. And cheese. I love cheese. I’m trying to be just a touch more domesticated. I figured, why not. I’m always up for a good challenge and being good at things around the house is not necessarily my strong suit. I strive to be like Bestie Peters (BP) who is a Mini-Martha. I tell her all the time she should have her own show. Anyhoo, I’ve even been cross-stitching AND scrap booking. I think I’m going to try and make an apron next. Now I just have to figure out my sewing machine…  Anyway, BP asked me to xstitch a pillow for her, she wanted a Fern. At first I was like, BP, why do you want me to xstitch a pillow of my dog, Fernando? Then it dawned on me, she wanted a Fern Frond… My bad!
Anyhoo... I'm trying to think of other ways to try and domesticate myself, so please share your thoughts and suggestions!

XOXO,
Wish I were more like Mini-Martha

1 comment:

  1. you do know that cajun (people, cuisine, etc) comes from Louisiana... not san fran... right? maybe once you learn that you'll become more domesticated!

    ReplyDelete