Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Poops & Pictures, A Run


I think I've told you guys before how awesome it is to live in MPLS. We have the best parks and trail systems of any metro in the US. I'd put money on it.

Since it was 55 yesterday in the TCs I wanted to get outside and do something different. Hubs was in Omaha so I had to take the furbaby with. I love him too much to leave him at home but I really wanted to go fast, the weather was perfect, warm and melty, and I didn't want the butt sniffer to hold me back. My love for this thing that can't even talk, won out and we hopped in the car to head over to Lake Harriet. Sometimes I surprise myself and remembered to grab a towel for the wet dog.

I knew this would be a run for Fern and not really for me so I settled in and just went with it. There were tons and tons of people going around the lake. Not surprising since the first nice day in Minnesota is ALWAYS busy. We went about a mile when I veered away from the lake to one of my favorite paths, Minnehaha PKWY.

We finished up going around the other side of Lake Harriet and got in 4 solid miles. We stopped for pics and potties.

Damn Fern got butt on my running jacket.
He has an anal gland problem. No seriously, he does.
It smells horrible and now it's on my jacket.









If this isn't pretty, I don't know what is.





Lake Harriet

UFO! JK, it's a plane.




Lake Harriet Bandshell!

Only thing I don't like about this run buddy.

My outfit today. Some people say red heads shouldn't wear orange.
I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment