Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Two types of people & my shoes


I love Costco. I love that they have giant carts for giant quantities of things. I love getting 15 pairs of socks at one time, 4 quarts of soup, 24 avocados. I love getting a good deal, I love getting my designer jeans at a fraction of the price. I'm eating bulk raspberries as we speak.




Anyway, getting to the point, I think there are two types of people in the world; people who put their carts away in the little cart stall, and those who just leave them all willy nilly around the parking lot.

I think it says a lot about a person’s character based on how they react in situations. I think the person who returns their cart to the corral is someone who is probably thoughtful and respectful of other people’s feelings and time. You put forth the extra bit of effort to ensure your cart is not obstructing the pathway of other consumers, of taking additional time of the cart collector.

People who refuse to walk the extra 36 steps (I counted last night with this blog in mind) are probably self-centered. They could care less about anyone but themselves, not able to be bothered with the time it takes to return their cart. Your negligence impacts people in different facets. The poor cart person is sent all over creation collecting carts, wasting his time and energy that could potentially be better used helping you. Your actions also impact your fellow consumer

You take up parking spots with carts when you leave them setting around. I’ve seen the wind push carts into cars and even worse, kids. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always funny to see a toddler get blindsided by a cart but come on. Don’t be so selfish; think of others and how your actions affect them.

I’ve always been a cart corral’er. I feel like it’s the least I can do. I know some of you will say it’s because I’m obsessed with exercise and moving around, I suppose that’s part of it but, to be honest, it’s because it’s the respectful thing to do. Chances are good that if you’re not a fellow corral’er, I will think less of you. So don’t tell me.



PS-Remember I like Frye shoes, I wore this pair today. LOVE! Were $160, got them for $39 at Nordstrom Rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment