Friday, March 18, 2011

I promise, I'm usually funny!

But tonight I'm really nervous, I promise these'll get better! This is my first blog, well, not technically I suppose because I write for the company I work for. I really enjoy it. Except for the time I wrote about having Bieber Fever... I've never had so many 14 year old boys mad at me. My dad would have been very busy washing people's mouths out with soap. I mean, if he knew what a blog was and then read my post.

I love to run. I'm laying low this beautiful Friday evening in preparation for a half marathon tomorrow morning. I have to be honest, I'm a little nervous but not for the usual reason. I know I can run 13 miles, NBD. The reason I'm nervous is because the last race I ran in March I almost died. No, seriously! I live in Minnesota so March tends to still be pretty chilly, snow on the ground anyway. I took off like a shot and was having a great race but didn't want to bonk (Google “hitting the wall”, TONS of articles http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--13873-0,00.html ) so I pulled a package of Sport Beans out of my pocket to keep my energy up. Here is where disaster strikes; since it was cool out, my nose was plugged. In and of itself, not the end of the world, I can still breathe out of my mouth. Until I pop in the hardened jelly beans and start chomping. All of a sudden I can't breathe out of my mouth or nose. After a couple of touch and go minutes, I was fine. However, due to the circumstances, I'm sure you can see my apprehension to run another race in March. Wish me luck!

Again, I promise, next time I'll try and be my usual witty self. Please don't hesitate to let me know what I can do better or if there's anything you'd like to read about.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your half marathon today, Beth! Caitlin signed up for Grandma's half to keep in shape this winter without x-c skiing. Maybe you could give her some advice and encouragement. She is not a runner. Have a great day. Cindy

    ReplyDelete