Saturday, March 19, 2011

I got lucky for two hours and man, am I sore!

Gotcha! The name of the race I ran this morning was put on by one of my favorite foundations, Team Ortho http://teamortho.us/ and was called Get Lucky! Which I did, by the skin of my teeth. I got lucky by running a 1:59:59. LOL, I don't know a luckier time than that. I can't say I'm not surprised, the one, 10 mile training run I did a month ago clearly paid off.... Perhaps at least one more training run would have done me good, my calves are tight, my ankles ache and my hip flexors feel like they're going to explode. Not to mention the small of my back feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. (Unless, did you? Anyone?) And you know what? I truly did get lucky today, I got to run 13.1 miles. How many people can say that? For so many reasons people aren't able to run in an awesome race like 1328 other people and I did this morning. It makes me so thankful for all I have. When I'm blessed with something special like this event, I think of my little Brendy in Uganda and wonder if she gets to eat today. Don't hesitate to check out http://www.compassion.com/ to find your own compassion child. Just recently I sent Brenda some stickers, tomorrow I'm going to sit down and write her a note to let her know how lucky we are to have her.

1 comment:

  1. My calves, hammies and IT band hurt after yesterday. Those small hills killed me!

    Running that race reminded me how much I love to run and how grateful I am that I "picked up the habit" I can't imagine my life without it now.

    I am so glad that I got to see you... even if it was for a split second. So... whats your next race? :)

    ReplyDelete