Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!! (Read like an Italian soccer announcer)

No, I haven't started playing futbol but I do have a couple goals bouncing around in the net which is my head.

I know hitting 1000 miles for a year isn't anything amazing but I was still proud because I accomplished it while pregnant. It was something I could strive for, a constant while everything around me was changing.

This year is the same but different, more difficult but not. I'm physically in a better position to log miles, run races, and get a PR. However, I now have another human life to support. That includes sacrificing sleep and time. I can barely find time to shower before husby gets home let alone run, and if I can run its 4 miles, 5 max or in 2 mile increments. That's no way to train for anything. (We'll find out for sure April 27 at the Derby Mini Marathon, anyway!) I just started participating in 'Run this year' to keep me on track. I probably won't hit 2013 miles or kilometers but each month is a new challenge to look forward to!

Since it's already March, I think it's time for me to set some goals or at least get them down on 'paper'.

-I'd love to run 26.2. I've been craving one but not in a position to sign up for one at this point. Not until I see how the munchkin does in the BOB. Three months to go!
-reference the movie Mighty Ducks at least once a week (believe it or not I'm 10/12 on the year)
-lose the last 10 baby lbs I keep telling myself are in my boobs but I know are in my butt and not in a hot J.Lo way.
-quit eating mega stuff Oreos. This is a more immediate goal BC I am making myself sick.
-repeat of last year but, WO more days than not. At least it keeps me active.
-one WO a week has to be something other than running.
-get out of the house more. Seems ridiculous but with a baby, everything is a production and I talk myself out of it. I'm sure part of that is MN winter...
-let myself nap. I'm horrible at this, I'm exhausted right now but as soon as the baby sleeps I bet I hit the treadmill and not the pillow
-be better at managing the time I have, I'm sure this will be easier once we have a routine established.
-be a better wife. I love my husband so much and want to make sure he knows it. I feel like I'm so wrapped up in keeping the baby wrapped up I don't pay enough attention to my husby.

All in all, I want these goals to push and motivate me to be a better mother, wife, runner, person.

What you get by achieving your goals is as important as what you become by achieving your goals. - Henry David Thoreau

Ps, just finished season 5 of Gossip Girl on netflix and I'm dying for season 6! Guilty pleasure...








I run for these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment