Saturday, March 9, 2013

Two, or three, a days

As I mentioned earlier, I don't always have time to run more than two miles at a time so I've been breaking runs into segments of however far I get to go until those segments equal 4,5,6 miles.

But is it even good for me? I'm logging miles but at only a couple miles a pop, am I getting the same cardiovascular advantages? I'm running faster but shorter. I'm pretty sure a race director won't let me run 13 miles in a couple mile segments throughout an entire day.

I ran two-a-days in college and know elite runners often go long in the AM and speed in the afternoon but they are finely tuned athletes. I, unfortunately, am not. And I'm running 2 miles, then 1.47, then 2.2 not, 18, then 10x800 at 5k pace. Am I doing more harm than good?

I feel like I'm perpetually doing speed work and I'm having a hard time keeping up. My legs get tired by the third leg (pun intended) and then I just feel like they're junk miles.

Does anyone have any answers or thoughts for me?

I'm watching man vs food as I write this and all I want to do is eat a 7 ingredient, 7lb breakfast burrito instead of running 7 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment