Thursday, March 7, 2013

Toenails are trophies

As much as I'm clearly freaking out about the scale, I kinda don't mind my body.

My stomach isn't as toned as it used to be but now all the extra skin makes it look tan. It's a start on my lifelong quest to be golden brown.

My butt and thighs make squeezing into my pants almost uncomfortable but I have hips! It sounds weird but I've always wanted hips and now I have them!

And boobs?! Don't even get me started! I'm usually a 'B' at best, now (or at least ever 2.5-3 hrs) I'm a full 'C'. I finally have some shape and I feel kinda hot.

Do the new dimples in my butt and angel wings make me self-conscious? Hell yeah. But the way I look at it, after I run a marathon I usually lose at least one toenail, which is disgusting, but doesn't bother me because I'm a badass and just ran 26.2 miles and I didn't get last place (at least not yet).

I think that is how I need to embrace my body. Does it kinda gross me out? Yep but I'm a badass, I just birthed a human being and I'm keeping her alive with nothing more than my huge jugs. She could be the President, win a Nobel Peace Prize, or be an Olympic marathoner and I spent 9 months growing her. In my body! That's amazing! I think going up a size in jeans is a small price to pay for creating life.

I need to wear my new body with pride. Dimples are the new missing toenails for this stage in my life and I couldn't be more proud.







1 comment: