Thursday, April 25, 2013

My first (non-virtual) race of the year!

It's on! I had originally signed up for the Kentucky Derby Half but plans changed and we aren't flying out until Monday after the race. Can't say I'm not bummed, especially after a 10mi @7:46 pace! Since I'd already done all this training, I thought I may as well run something else, especially since I think (hope) winter is finally over in MN.

This weekend marks the 36th running of the biggest race in MN, Get in Gear. It's kind of like our kick off to the racing season. I did in store registration at Marathon Sports because you could pick up your packet there AND receive an $15 off coupon! (Who can't use an extra pair of Asics?!) I'm officially signed up for my first 10k since last January and first real live race since last September. I've been logging great miles (while on the treadmill, they've been speedy) and the weather is supposed to be 68 and sunny.

I can't wait to see how my body reacts to a race after having a baby! Wish me luck!














No comments:

Post a Comment