Thursday, April 18, 2013

LSD, and not the fun kind

It's been said (most recently by my buddy who pr'd at Boston, sub 3, and is training for an IM so I tend to trust him) long slow distance makes a long slow runner. This being said, is it better to run long slow miles or not to run at all?

In light of this weeks events I feel like running a couple miles is the least I can do for the victims in Boston and for the running community. However, I have a 17 wk old who decided, after six weeks of sleeping through the night, she was done and has only slept through the night three times in the last three weeks. On top of that, I think she's teething, on top of THAT, she's already started having separation anxiety. Including dad. On top of THAT, old man winter won't stop f'ing with Minnesota so I've been relegated to running on the treadmill listening to toddler tunes while my darling daughter jumps along with me.

I'm exhausted. But I can keep going and I will keep going because there are three people who don't get to keep going.

So here's my question, today I could barely scrape myself off the sofa (who am I my grandma?!) but I got dressed and jumped on the tread. I didn't go fast, almost 9 minute miles but I went. Was it worth it?

Is it better for a runner to log 5 slow miles than zero and taking a rest?

I'm sure i'll run again tomorrow and probably the next day, but should I? All I know is that now I have to.

#runforboston








1 comment:

  1. I think rest is first then the run...but who am I....Is it really still snow were you are... any-who....planing on stopping by latter to see what you decided to do.

    ReplyDelete