Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I can't stop thinking about the tragic events that occurred yesterday in Boston. I always joke about runners being superior and good people but deep down I really do think most runners are good people. I hint understand why a peaceful, exciting event like a marathon would be, COULD be a target. The bombs went off at 4:09 into the marathon, my best is a 4:13 and with Boston electricity, that's when I would have been crossing the line. That's me. That's my running family, us middle of the packers, joe-schmo, run because we love it and work hard to fit it into our schedule, runners.

No matter where I go, I bring my running shoes and nobody will ever change that. Each time I run I'll think of all the people touched by this tragedy. The lives and limbs lost, the safety stolen from innocent people and I'll run hard, I'll run furious.

You can't take my steps away from me or my family, goodness will always prevail. You think you scared us? You just made us stronger.

When you lace up today, lace up for Martin, for Boston.








No comments:

Post a Comment