Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Fat, Relatively Speaking

I know I'm not fat, not by any standards but I don't feel very good about myself. After having a baby 11 weeks ago I need to stress less about what I look like but after last night I know I need to make a change.

Since I live in Minnesnowta and have a little babe to take care of, it's not as easy to lace up and get out the door. In preparation for post-partum I purchased a treadmill so I could sneak off while baby napped. Unfortunately that's exactly what it is, downstairs for a quick mile, maybe two until the green light on the monitor turns orange and you need to run back upstairs to scoop up your bundle of joy.

Since I came home from the hospital I've only had 12 lbs to go and that's where I've stayed. I heard nursing moms lose weight like a champ but I'm so hungry I can't stop eating! I eat all day long and then when I wake up in the middle of the night I'm starving so not only am I stuffing my face during the day, I'm doing it at all hours of the night. And the worst part is, I cannot stop. I was actually gaining weight. I was burning 500-1000 calories a day and gaining weight.

It all came to a head last night in the treadmill. I was running in a sports bra and at 1.4 miles all of a sudden my workout ended. My belly is so big that it bumped the stop button on my treadmill. I get the hint, I need to do a sit-up.

Any moms out there have a tip for me? I'm close to clicking on those Internet ads asking if I'd like to shrink belly fat....














No comments:

Post a Comment